New Directions Secondary School is open to middle school (sixth, seventh and eighth grade) and high school (ninth and tenth grade) students who reside in Districts 7, 9 and 10 in Bronx County, New York.
These students must be one or more years over age for their grade level and have a documented history of academic or social challenges.
Interested in applying?
First, email us at Newstudent@ndssonline.org and schedule an intake interview. On the date of your interview, you’ll need to bring the items listed below. If you don’t have one or a few of these things, let us know when you call.
What to bring:
- A letter from a parent, guardian, or school professional stating that they support your decision to enroll in our school
- Proof of address from a parent or guardian. This could be a utility or phone bill.
- Your last report card
- Your most recent school attendance record
- A copy of your IEP (Individualized Educational Plan). If you don’t have an IEP, please bring a letter from your most recent school stating that.
- Your immunization records
- Your birth certificate– a copy is ok
- Your Social Security card
- Your parent or guardian’s ID
During the interview, we’ll ask you a few questions about yourself, like what your favorite subjects are, and what you think your strengths or weaknesses are. Don’t stress– we just want to get to know you.
Email us at Newstudent@ndssonline.org or Call us at (718) 410-4343. We look forward to meeting you.